For more information about how
.gitignore files work, and how to use them, the following resources are a great place to start:
- The Ignoring Files chapter of the Pro Git book.
- The Ignoring Files article on the GitHub Help site.
- The gitignore(5) manual page.
Add to your project folder
Run this command
You can also download a precompiled file, if you don't want to run the build script:
curl https://victornpb.github.io/ultimate-gitignore/ultimate.gitignore > .gitignore
Manually download the:
|Total||388 lines (7.81 KB)|
For more details check out template.txt and exclude.txt
Here’s how we suggest you go about proposing a change to this project:
- Fork this project to your account.
- Create a branch for the change you intend to make.
- Make your changes to your fork.
- Send a pull request from your fork’s branch to our
Using the web-based interface to make changes is fine too, and will help you by automatically forking the project and prompting to send a pull request too.